Certified Safety and Health Official
The Certified Safety and Health Official (CSHO) program provides a defined path toward earning a professional certificate with a concentration in either Construction or General Industry for professionals responsible for worksite safety.
Typical candidates include:
- Health, safety and environmental professionals
- Safety coordinators
- Human resources professionals
- Plant managers, supervisors and crew chiefs
- Construction site superintendents
- Safety and health training facilitators
- Risk management and risk assessment professionals
Additional Certificate Information
- Students must complete six (6) core courses and four (4) electives to earn the Mid-South CSHO certificate.
- All courses must be taken within five (5) years.
- At least four (4) classes must be taken with Mid-South.
- Two short #7000 courses may substitute one (1) elective.
- Certificate holders will receive the CSHO plaque, a hard hat decal and a CSHO wallet card.
- Participants applying for their certificate prior to completing requirements will be presented with their certificate in their final class.
Instructions for Ordering CSHO Certificates/Plaques
- This certificate request form must be submitted and a $75 fee paid no later than close of business two (2) Fridays prior to your last class and no earlier than four (4) weeks prior.
- All coursework must be completed other than the final class before your application is submitted. If the participant reschedules their last class, and a plaque has already been ordered, they are responsible for notifying our office and paying a $35 fee.